can YUI help me?

  • brett_moreton
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28 9:02 AM
      I've got a simple web calendar on a HTML page. The calendar is constructed with javascript.
      What I want to do is have a button saying 'Add Event' which pops up a new frame/window/
      something where I can enter details about the event through simple text boxes. My servlet
      would then pick up these variables and create the event, and a refresh would update my
      calendar.

      A friend told me YUI would be able to help here, and make it look good. But i'm not sure what
      parts to use. Can anyone offer any advice?

      Thanks
      Brett
    • foti-1@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 28 9:18 AM
        Perhaps you could use the Dialog component for the popup piece and the Connection Manager for communicating them back to the server. Check out this example:

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/container/dialog/2.html

        Hope that helps.
        Peter

        From: "brett_moreton" <brett_moreton@...>
        > Hi,
        > I've got a simple web calendar on a HTML page. The calendar is constructed with
        > javascript.
        > What I want to do is have a button saying 'Add Event' which pops up a new
        > frame/window/
        > something where I can enter details about the event through simple text boxes.
        > My servlet
        > would then pick up these variables and create the event, and a refresh would
        > update my
        > calendar.
        >
        > A friend told me YUI would be able to help here, and make it look good. But i'm
        > not sure what
        > parts to use. Can anyone offer any advice?
        >
        > Thanks
        > Brett

      • brett_moreton
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 28 4:50 PM
          Just what I was looking for, thanks Peter