Locking components; event list?

  • Jeffrey EF Friedl
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27, 2007
      Is there a general way to lock a component (protect from user
      input/change)? I'd think this would be part of some base class for all
      UI controls, but I can't seem to find it. I want to have a Y!UI
      calendar shown on my page, but "grayed out" until I unlock it in
      response to other events.

      And speaking of events, I can't seem to find a list of basic events
      supported by the Event object (e.g. "keyup", "change", etc). Is there
      not one?

      Thanks,
      Jeffrey
    • tssha
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 28, 2007
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey EF Friedl"
        <jfriedl@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > Is there a general way to lock a component (protect from user
        > input/change)? I'd think this would be part of some base class for all
        > UI controls, but I can't seem to find it. I want to have a Y!UI
        > calendar shown on my page, but "grayed out" until I unlock it in
        > response to other events.

        This feature does not currently exist within Calendar.

        > And speaking of events, I can't seem to find a list of basic events
        > supported by the Event object (e.g. "keyup", "change", etc). Is there
        > not one?

        You can use any DOM level 0 or level 1, W3C event; level 2 isn't
        A-grade safe, especially for IE. This question comes up once in a
        while, so we'll provides some links to references from the Event
        landing page.

        Regards,
        Thomas