8151Using Connection Manager to upload a file

  • Nick Weavers
    Jan 5, 2007
      When performing a conventional file upload using a form, you can use
      the MAX_FILE_SIZE named field with a value set to the maximum file
      size permitted for the upload. I'm not sure if this is checked by the
      browser or by the web server. Does the connection manager take any
      notice of this field if it is used to perform a file upload?

      I really want to perform the check at the client side and advise the
      user if their selected file is too large, rather than subjecting them
      to a long and fruitless wait when the upload fails due to a timeout or
      a server side check. I notice javascript seems to have no file I/O or
      tests, so I guess any checking would not be easy.

      TIA.
      Nick.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic