7932Re: input fields do not focus for forms in Panel

  • Michael Newton
    Dec 28, 2006
      Quoting myself:
      >>Because the YUI dialog is relatively positioned, any time it's over top
      >>of a fixed position element, the cursor is going to disappear.

      Your example page has no fixed position elements in it, so will not
      exhibit this problem. Take that example page, and add
      "position:fixed" to the style rule for #resp. Now, anytime you drag
      the dialog such that an input is above the #resp element, the caret
      will disappear.

      I thought it was fixed and absolutely positioned elements, but it's
      just fixed.

      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/container/dialog/solution.html --