7926Re: input fields do not focus for forms in Panel

  • Michael Newton
    Dec 28, 2006
      I know I shouldn't have to change it, but I do! Here's a simplified
      testcase of what's happening. I started out with a saved copy of my
      intranet page and pared it down from there.

      The textarea in the (fixed position) blue box has a caret, while the
      textarea in the (relatively positioned) red box appears not to. The
      caret is being "covered up" by the blue box. Start typing in the red
      box; when the caret is outside the bounds of the blue box it will
      appear again. Because the YUI dialog is relatively positioned, any
      time it's over top of a fixed or absolutely positioned element, the
      cursor is going to disappear.

      This is clearly a browser problem, but I'm hoping some CSS or JS guru
      can come up with a way around it. It's been fixed for Firefox 3.0 but
      nobody seems to be too worried about it getting put on the 2.0 branch.

      ----✂----✂----✂----✂----✂----✂

      #foo {
      position: fixed;
      height: 100px;