7919RE: [ydn-javascript] Re: input fields do not focus for forms in Panel

  • Steven Peterson
    Dec 28, 2006

      Justin,

      This is a Mozilla bug that has been around for several years now. I’m not sure of the specific details, but It usually relates to relative positioning of either the elements containing the text fields, or elements below the container. When you render your Panel, make sure you render it to document.body by calling myPanel.render(document.body) so that the markup relocates itself to the scope of the entire document. This will help you avoid some of the nested markup bugs that are common with positioning in Firefox. Also, I encourage you to look at the Dialog example here:

      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/container/dialog/solution.html

      The bug that you’re talking about isn’t reproducible in our example of using a form in a Panel (otherwise known as a YUI Dialog), so figuring out the difference between our implementation and yours may help you solve the issue. Please let us know what you find in regard to this issue and if we can help in any other way.

      Steven Peterson

      Web Developer, Platform Engineering

      Yahoo!