7146Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: Hyperlinks and dynamic pages inside Tabview contents

  • Eric Miraglia
    Dec 4, 2006
      Richard,

      Matt's suggestion is a good one.  Note that there are a few good resources for you if that approach — Event Delegation — is a new one to you:

      Regards,
      Eric

      Eric Miraglia
      Yahoo! Presentation Platform Engineering

      On Dec 4, 2006, at 10:34 AM, Matt Sweeney wrote:

      Another approach would be to listen for clicks on the containing element, and if the target element meets certain critera (its an anchor, has an href, etc.), handle as needed.

      This can be accomplished with a single listener, and then you can avoid managing listeners on your dynamic content.

      Matt

      otrorichard wrote:

      Sorry my delayed answer (my job), but I think is very hard catch every
      event and filtering its tags. Is there a simpler way?

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com , Nige White <nigelw@...> wrote:

      You'll have to search for them all (document.getElementsByTagName("a")) and use YAHOO.util.Event to give them onclick listeners which stop the event, and load the url into the tab using YAHOO.util.Connect. otrorichard wrote:
      Hi everyone,

      Two questions:

      The simplest, How make a hyperlink inside tabview content and the new
      page keeps inside the tab and no outside, like a new page?

      All the hyperlinks in the tabview examples point to "#".

      The second one.
      I need to put inside a tabview content a php-based search page,I can
      get the first page, but the paging is impossible.
      Note: Outside the tabview my search pages work fine.

      thanks in advanced.

      Richard

      _____________________________________________________________________ This message has been checked for all known viruses. Virus scanning powered by Messagelabs http://www.messagelabs.comFor more information e-mail : hostmaster@...
      _____________________________________________________________________ This message has been checked for all known viruses. Virus scanning powered by Messagelabs http://www.messagelabs.com For more information e-mail : hostmaster@...

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: