7106Re: Hyperlinks and dynamic pages inside Tabview contents

  • exguardianreader
    Dec 2, 2006
      Well, you want to defeat HTML links in the browser; you'll have to do
      a little work!

      It's not hard at all. Create a YAHOO.ext.Element from the element into
      which you are loading content.

      Use getElementsByTagname on the element. You get back an array of <a>
      elements. Loop through the array adding a click handling function (it
      can be the same function) as a listener to each one.

      In the handling function, call update() on the Element.

      Docs: http://www.yui-ext.com/deploy/yui-ext/docs/

      Download the YAHOO.ext library from http://www.jackslocum.com/blog/

      It's a piece of cake!
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "otrorichard"
      <richardworking@...> wrote:

      > Sorry my delayed answer (my job), but I think is very hard catch every
      > event and filtering its tags. Is there a simpler way?
      >

      > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Nige White <nigelw@> wrote:
      > >
      > > You'll have to search for them all
      (document.getElementsByTagName("a"))
      > > and use YAHOO.util.Event to give them onclick listeners which stop
      the
      > > event, and load the url into the tab using YAHOO.util.Connect.
      > >
      > > otrorichard wrote:
      > >
      > > > Hi everyone,
      > > >
      > > > Two questions:
      > > >
      > > > The simplest, How make a hyperlink inside tabview content and
      the new
      > > > page keeps inside the tab and no outside, like a new page?
      > > >
      > > > All the hyperlinks in the tabview examples point to "#".
      > > >
      > > > The second one.
      > > > I need to put inside a tabview content a php-based search page,I can
      > > > get the first page, but the paging is impossible.
      > > > Note: Outside the tabview my search pages work fine.
      > > >
      > > > thanks in advanced.
      > > >
      > > > Richard

      > > > This message has been checked for all known viruses. Virus scanning
      > > > powered by Messagelabs http://www.messagelabs.com For more
      information
      > > > e-mail : hostmaster@

      > > This message has been checked for all known viruses. Virus scanning
      > > powered by Messagelabs http://www.messagelabs.com For more information
      > > e-mail : hostmaster@

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic