7044Re: aSyncRequest...is there a limit on the length of uri when using GET method?

  • moore234
    Nov 30, 2006

      GET urls are limited in some browsers to ~2000 characters. See
      http://blogs.telerik.com/blogs/rumen_stankov/archive/2006/03/05/152.aspx
      and
      http://support.microsoft.com/kb/208427

      Your 3300 character GET string, especially url encoded, will
      definitely exceed that length

      Not sure about the post issue.

      Dan

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "carltondickson"
      <carltondickson@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      > I have been using the connection manager without any problems for
      > sometime now but unfortunately I have a problem in IE.
      >
      > I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that there is a limit on a GET
      > request which I think is making my async request fail.
      >
      > I get an error "Error:Unspecified error" on this line of the
      > connection script
      >
      > o.conn.open(method, uri, true);
      >
      > I outputted the method which is 'GET' and my uri which is just under
      > 3300 characters long and is URL encoded.
      >
      > I also get an error "The system cannot locate the resource specified"
      > on this line too in certain situations...
      > o.conn.send(postData?postData:null);
      >
      > Can anyone advise me why these error codes might be occuring?

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic