6217Re: [ydn-javascript] How to delay slider behaviour

  • Adam Moore
    Nov 1, 2006
      On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 07:51:23PM -0000, Michael Newton wrote:
      > I've got an onChange handler for some sliders that I don't want
      > triggered every time the slider moves. Is there a way to avoid the
      > event from firing until the slider has 'settled down'?
      >
      > For example, one of the sliders updates a database in real time. If
      > someone clicks the background to move the thumb (instead of dragging
      > it) there could be 5 or 10 writes to the database before the thumb
      > gets to its final position.
      >
      > Maybe someone has an idea that will solve the problem? Thank you.

      Michael, there is a property called moveComplete that is set to true when
      the animation is complete. Check this value in your onChange handler and
      only do your database update when it is true.

      -Adam
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic