5417Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: target property in menu is not working with _blank

  • Todd Kloots
    Oct 3, 2006
      Eric -

      The problem is the "click" event handler that you have
      added to the document. That handler needs to check to
      make sure that the target of the event wasn't the
      MenuBar instance or any of its child elements. I
      created an example for you:

      http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v0113/examples/menu/example03.php

      Alternatively you can take a look at the example for
      "Website Top Nav:"

      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/menu/topnavfromjs.html

      It demonstrate how you can get away with not having to
      use theYAHOO.widget.OverlayManager class for
      collapsing submenus. It is less code.

      - Todd

      === message truncated ===
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic