5396Re: Attaching form onsubmit listener

  • fotiman2000
    Oct 3, 2006
      Anyone?

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, foti-1@... wrote:

      > A more traditional form onsubmit event handler might look like this:
      >
      > <form id="someForm" onsubmit="return validate();">
      >
      > In other words, the result of the validate() function determines
      whether or not the form submits. Is this the correct way to do the
      same thing using the YUI Event Utility:

      > <script type="text/javascript"
      src="./yui/build/yahoo/yahoo.js"></script>
      > <script type="text/javascript"
      src="./yui/build/event/event.js"></script>
      > <script type="text/javascript"
      src="./yui/build/dom/dom.js"></script>
      > <script type="text/javascript">
      > function validate(e)
      > {
      > // Perform validation... if it fails, then call...
      > YAHOO.util.Event.stopEvent(e);
      > }
      >
      > function attachBehaviors()
      > {
      > YAHOO.util.Event.on('someForm','submit',validate);
      > }
      > YAHOO.util.Event.on(window,'load',attachBehaviors);
      > </script>
      >
      > In other words, since we can't "return" a value in our event
      handler, we instead either stop or don't stop the event. Would this
      be the correct way to do this?
      > Thanks,
      > Peter

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic