51811Re: tooltip x coordinate does not seem to be acknowleged

  • shantek81
    Oct 1, 2009
      NOTE: tt.cfg.getProperty(xy) returns x with a value of 6 and the y coordinate with the correct value based on positioning. seems the problem may be in the cfg.setProperty since i do get the correct positioning values when i just display the values of xy.
      ?????

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "shantek81" <shantek81@...> wrote:

      > i am using 2.7, my tooltip (the message is fine) is displaying on the far left of the page each time i select an icon within my datatable. even when i hardcode an x value it still displays on the left side. the y coordinate appears to be fine. it lines up with the positioning of the icon but just on the left side of the page. any suggestions? or what am i doing wrong?
      >
      > i followed this example exactly minus the "timer code":
      > http://www.satyam.com.ar/yui/2.6.0/tooltips.html
      >
      > problem seems to be within:
      > var xy = [parseInt(oArgs.event.clientX,10) + 10 ,parseInt(oArgs.event.clientY,10) + 10 ];
      > tt.cfg.setProperty('xy',xy);
      >
      > i do get what may be the correct positioning values when i just display the values of xy
      >
      > have this same problem even when i use the example:
      > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/container/tooltip.html

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic