51507Re: YUI Charts Patching

  • Alexandre Miguel Pedro Gomes
    Sep 6, 2009
      I've created a page on my website to show & explain my intentions. I've also setup a git fork to store my work and share it. Please take a look and share your opinions.

      http://www.alexandre-gomes.com/opensource/yui.php

      On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 08:16, Alexandre Miguel Pedro Gomes <alexmipego@...> wrote:
      Hi,

      I've been trying to implement some features into YUI charts and I've had a really long and painful trip starting with getting the charts to build! I tried on a OS X machine with CS4 without success and following the tips on the build.properties I assumed CS3 was required for it. After installing Flash CS3 (now on a windows machine) I found out that the build failed on account of FileReference.Save not existing (according to my findings, thats exclusive to Flash 10 and, I guess, thats CS4 only...). Anyway, building the HEAD revision after commenting the 2 calls to that method was successful but I'm afraid I couldnt see the charts on any existing or new test page... dunno why. I found out how to revert to the 2.7.0 tag on git (I'm a svn kind of guy :)) and it worked flawlessly.

      What I wanted was some help from you on what do I need to setup to be able to build and run the HEAD version (any OS is fine by me). Also, I implemented a cubic bezier function and added a new style option to the LineSeries to make the lines smoother (I must admit though that sometimes, depending on the data, the result isn't always best). If you are interrested in porting the changes to the HEAD revision (it isn't that much code) it would be nice. I would like to know any problems on the code or pratices submiting patches to YUI because I'm used to contribute to open source projects but I'm new to ActionScript.

      Alexandre Gomes
      http://www.alexandre-gomes.com

      --
      Alexandre Gomes