50239Re: [ydn-javascript] eventing problems on TreeView with complex HTMLNode

    Jul 4, 2009
      The problem is that you are not capturing the events yourself in the
      controls you have added and preventing their propagation up to their
      containers. Events at any level bubble up through the DOM element
      hierarchy unless it is explicitly prevented. You are not preventing
      this effect and it will simply bubble up naturally and will be picked up
      by whatever listener is out there, in this case the key and click events
      of the container. So, one way is for you to put listeners for the
      events you want to allow in this events and use
      YAHOO.util.Event.stopPropagation to prevent the bubbling from reaching
      the TreeView or you could place your controls in floating panels outside
      of the TreeView hierarchy and have them position and show at the
      appropriate places when needed. Being outside of the same DOM branch,
      their events cannot bubble into a lateral branch.

      Satyam