50118Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: YUI Sparkline Widget

  • Michael Cramer
    Jul 1, 2009
      On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 3:56 PM, matt_3251091 <sommer.matt@...> wrote:
      > this is very nice - but I've got a couple comments:
      > Unfortunately for me using Canvas is a non-starter since it doesn't work in IE. I personally think this would be a better fit under Chart - I've actually been creating sparklines just using the LineGraph method and hiding all the axis compontents - you have to obviously scale it in a div (instead of using your nice method inline) but that shouldn't be too tricky. Using XHRDataSource is great too since the you can set polling within the charts to get data updated. Very nice looking demo, I'd definitely use this if it was its own chart type.

      Yeah...I realize it's going to fail in IE. I'm thinking if I make it
      subclass the LineGraph, it could fall back to a very tiny
      flash-version when Canvas is unavailable. And right now it doesn't do
      any updating once the chart is rendered (although that may just work
      if you update the "data" attribute and run render() again...haven't
      tried), so the DataSource stuff would definitely be a nice touch.

      Mike Cramer
      215.769.2505 // AIM/Skype/Etc: MikeWebkist
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic