50067YUI Test automation and code coverage

  • Jeremy Vinding
    Jun 30, 2009
      We YUI Test for all our javascript unit tests, and we are looking to
      automate the tests as well as gather some metrics.

      Ideally, we want to be able to run the tests every time we build our
      app (using maven2 [1]). We also want to have a nightly, automated
      build that also gathers code coverage numbers.

      We're looking at Selenium [2] as a possibility for the nightly builds,
      but we're rather hoping there are other options. We currently have
      very few ideas when it comes to code coverage.

      Information about this sort of thing seems to be very difficult to
      come by, but we're having a hard time believing that nobody does this.

      So, my questions are (and I'm really hoping to get YAHOO! answers as
      well as ideas from the rest of the crowd):

      1) How do you automate your javascript unit tests?
      2) Do you hit all the grade-a browsers in your automated tests?
      3) How do you gather code coverage stats?
      4) Do your code coverage stats take into account different code paths
      that may be taken by different browsers?

      Thanks in advance,

      --jjv

      1 - http://maven.apache.org/
      2 - http://seleniumhq.org/