45873Re: Dialog cloning - performance boost

  • tasos.bekos
    Mar 3, 2009
      Thx for your answer, but in my situtation i cannot create all dialogs
      in the first place and just show/hide them with Overlay Manager, because
      their number can vary from 1 to 20 or anything.

      I ask if there is a way to create a clone method in Dialog that copies
      the javascript object and all the event listeners, autocompletes etc
      that were attached in the corresponding <form> element, without running
      my custom method for every newly created Dialog.

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Yunfei Wu <yunfeiwu@...> wrote:
      > Showing simultaneously is the killing part of your description, afa i
      know Dialog have a focus first element method fire when it render or
      show or get content refreshed, so it kind of meant to be stay alone on
      the page. my suggestion is to associate everything which are not going
      to show at the same time with a Dialog, and then use overlay manager to
      manger those Dialogs.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic