45811Re: Paginator and Progressive Markup

  • C.Everson
    Mar 1, 2009
      On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 06:48:37 -0000, Lucas Smith wrote:

      > [snip]
      > You should be able to omit the .loader2 #demo and just clear the
      > html.className since you're definitively setting the value rather than
      > doing any cautious add/remove. I'm sure there are a number of ways to
      > skin the cat, so whatever works for you is great. You might keep in
      > mind that depending on where your js is located on the page,
      > containing the html.className update (or most code in many cases)
      > inside the onDOMReady callback isn't necessary. The DOM above the
      > currently executing script is loaded and modifiable by that time.

      Hi Luke,

      Thanks for the feedback.

      Since YUI removeClass uses an ID and I don't have one for the <html> tag,
      then will this do it?

      document.getElementsByTagName('html')[0].className = '';

      It seems to work, but I don't want to create any memory leaks or problems.

      Also thanks for the heads up about the DOM being ready above the callback.

      Chuck
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic