4542Container lies beneath Flash Object, not above

  • dl_lists
    Sep 3, 2006
      I am just starting to experiment with YUI .. Overlay Component.

      I need to dynamically generate containers which float above Flash
      objects in same page, and which can be positioned dynamically.

      I have followed the instructions here ..

      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/container/overlay/index.html
      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/container/module/index.html

      and I have a first simple container displayed on the same page
      containing Flash in div container.

      But .. the container is positioned underneath the Flash object, not
      above as required.

      (1) How to force container z-index so that container is always
      positioned above Flash?

      (2) Where is it explained how to dynamically change container CSS
      attributes .. x, y, top, left
      I tried this ..(note: two attempts of using "var myModule =
      new ... ", one with attributes added as second argument)

      <!-- Yahoo UI -->

      <script type="text/javascript">
      // var myModule = new YAHOO.widget.Module("myModule");
      var myModule = new YAHOO.widget.Module("myModule", {visible:true,
      x:50, y:100} );
      myModule.setHeader("This is my header content");
      myModule.setBody("This is my body content");
      myModule.setFooter("This is my footer content");
      myModule.render();
      </script>
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic