45052YUI Calendar- rendering highlighted cells in javascript

  • deke6868
    Feb 12, 2009
      Hello.

      I am new to this to bear with me. I would like to use the YUI
      calendar in its simplest form; to display highlighted cells as blocked
      out dates for a rental property. I have the calendar widget installed
      through Dreamweaver's extension manager and can see that there is a
      way to add javascript to the web page that handles this event without
      having to link it to a database, but I don't know how or where to set
      up the correct code to do this. Here is the javascript that is
      currently loaded onto this page and it displays properly:

      <script type="text/javascript">
      // BeginWebWidget YUI_Calendar: yuicalendar1

      (function() {
      var cn = document.body.className.toString();
      if (cn.indexOf('yui-skin-sam') == -1) {
      document.body.className += " yui-skin-sam";
      }
      })();

      var inityuicalendar1 = function() {
      var yuicalendar1 = new
      YAHOO.widget.Calendar("yuicalendar1",{navigator:true});

      // The following event subscribers demonstrate how to handle
      // YUI Calendar events, specifically when a date cell is
      // selected and when it is unselected.
      //
      // See: http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/calendar/ for more
      // information on the YUI Calendar's configurations and
      // events.
      //
      // The YUI Calendar API cheatsheet can be found at:
      // http://yuiblog.com/assets/pdf/cheatsheets/calendar.pdf
      //
      //--- begin event subscribers ---//
      yuicalendar1.selectEvent.subscribe(selectHandler, yuicalendar1, true);
      yuicalendar1.deselectEvent.subscribe(deselectHandler,
      yuicalendar1, true);
      //--- end event subscribers ---//

      yuicalendar1.render();
      }

      function selectHandler(event, data) {
      // The JavaScript function subscribed to yuicalendar1. It is called
      when
      // a date cell is selected.
      //
      // alert(event) will show an event type of "Select".
      // alert(data) will show the selected date as [year, month, date].
      };

      function deselectHandler(event, data) {
      // The JavaScript function subscribed to yuicalendar1. It is called
      when
      // a selected date cell is unselected.
      };

      // Create the YUI Calendar when the HTML document is usable.
      YAHOO.util.Event.onDOMReady(inityuicalendar1);

      // EndWebWidget YUI_Calendar: yuicalendar1
      </script>

      Any help would be appreciated. I should note that I can handle
      changing the highlighted cells colors in the calendar's CSS file, but
      that's about it!! I do want more than one highlighted color option, so
      if you can just point me in the right direction, I can handle the rest.

      Thanks,
      Chris
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic