44770Re: Customizing the First Row

  • jonathanx37
    Feb 5, 2009
      Would their be a way to add data to the datatable after it
      initializes? Not on an init or a datareturn but something like an
      after return if that even exist?

      this way i can insert a row without interfering with the paginator.

      so it can show 1 blank record and 3 records instead of 1 blank record
      and 2 records (as its doing now)

      > I don't know the sequence of events when the DataTable is paginated.
      > You should put alerts or calls to the logger in each and try out which
      > of them works out for you.
      >
      > Satyam
      >
      > jonathanx37 wrote:
      > > ok would it be possible to call an event to add a row
      > > like you suggested 'initEvent' but at a moment after the paginator is
      > > called?
      > >
      > > I tried adding a row with doBeforeCallBack except im having too many
      > > problems with server-side pagination.
      > >
      > > I'm looking for a simpler method. Is their anything available for
      this?

      > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Satyam <satyam@> wrote:
      > >
      > >> To enable editing you have to attach the method that triggers the
      > >>
      > > editor
      > >
      > >> to some event, such as:
      > >>
      > >> myDataTable.on('clickEvent',myDataTable.onEventShowCellEditor);
      > >>
      > >> Instead of plugging it straight through, you might do it
      conditionally:

      > >> myDataTable.on('clickEvent',function(oArgs) {
      > >> if (whatever) {
      > >> this.onEventShowCellEditor(oArgs);
      > >> }
      > >> });