439Re: how to persist layout after drag and drop?

  • azhali83
    Mar 8, 2006
      thx for the quick reply

      Can you please redirect me to place where i can see any example which
      uses cookies to build layout.??

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Eric Ceres <ericceres@...> wrote:

      > Azhar,
      >
      > You need to set cookies or store the data in a database. Then read
      the cookie/database next time the page is requested and reposition the
      windows based on this information. This is more a question of website
      development/persitence than UI interface.

      > - Eric Ceres
      >
      > azhali83 <azh_ali@...> wrote: Hi ;
      > I have a question which i hope will be answer here. I have made a page
      > in which i have provided drag and drop of div elements just like
      > www.google.com/ig ..But what i have failed to do is how to persist a
      > layout.
      > for example if i change layout and swap two elements then i would like
      > to see them there when i again open the page from same machine.
      >
      > Please provide me with a solution . I will be grateful to you.
      >
      > Regards
      > Azhar

      > C programming
      language Computer programming