43Re: how to make leaf nodes with TreeView.setDynamicLoad()

  • ggederer
    Feb 14, 2006
      Eric,

      Thanks for the response. The workaround you suggest is pretty good
      except that empty nodes that can have children (like empty folders in
      a file browser) render as if they, in fact, had children (little plus
      sign next to the folder.)

      Just glancing at the sources, it looks like it would be fairly easy to
      implement something like setCanHaveChildren(). Is this the approach
      you are considering? I may just do this or something similar for my
      own needs. If I do, I would be happy to send you the diffs.

      I like your library.

      Cheers,

      Greg

      > Greg,
      >
      > There's no way currently to indicate that a specific child has no
      > children of its own. This is something we see a need for, but we
      > don't have it yet.
      >
      > One workaround for this is to use the setDynamicLoad method at the
      > node level rather than at the tree level. Invoke that method for all
      > nodes that either have or might have children; for those you know
      > won't have children, just skip that step.
      >
      > That will result in the behavior you're looking for, I think.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Eric
      >

      > On Feb 14, 2006, at 2:35 PM, ggederer wrote:
      >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > I have got a dynamically loding tree working; but, all of the
      > > dynamically loaded nodes are expandable. How do I indicate that a
      > > dynamically loaded node has no children?
      > >
      > > Great library!
      > >
      > > Cheers,
      > >
      > > Greg
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links