41876Re: Dynamic Treeview from/to Remote Site via XHR

  • simonjwoodman
    Dec 3, 2008

      did you manage to figure out how to do example 1? I have a
      requirement to do the same thing. In my case, my treeview represents
      a file structure. I'd like to allow inline editing of the Nodes
      within a tree to rename files. Ideally, I'd like to intercept the
      user's click on the tick and only update the Treeview Node after an
      XHR call to rename the file on the server.

      Any ideas?

      I could provide a 'save changes' function that serialised the
      treeview to JSON and sent it to the server. However, then it would
      be necessary to work out what had been changed. This seems like a
      bit of a hack and not a very efficient one.

      Thanks in advance,

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Caxton" <ivy_ckf@...> wrote:
      > Dear all:
      > It is convenient to use Treeview and load data via XHR(YUI
      > Management) dynamically.
      > However, I have no idea how to save change of Treeview.
      > For example, how to save new label of the node when using inline
      > editing of Treeview?
      > In addition, when Treeview combine with Drag and Drop, how to save
      the new
      > order of the Treeview?
      > For example 1, I think the key is detecting user press tick button.
      > For example 2, I am not sure, but maybe it is possible to construct
      > Treeview structure and translate it into XML or JSON format.
      > Please give me a hand, thanks.
      > Best Regards,
      > Caxton
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic