41862editor toolbar new button icon not rendering but firebug shows the css applied

  • jassem.shahrani
    Dec 2, 2008
      Hello,

      Seemingly trivial item not working...

      1. Created and added a new button - mybutton - to the editor toolbar -
      no problem.
      2. included the following css which i see active in firebug

      .yui-skin-sam .yui-toolbar-container .yui-toolbar-mybutton
      span.yui-toolbar-icon { background-image:url(<path to my image/icon>);
      background-position:1px 0px;
      left:5px;
      }

      .yui-skin-sam .yui-toolbar-container .yui-toolbar-mybutton-selected
      span.yui-toolbar-icon {
      background-image:url(<path to my image/icon>);
      background-position:1px 0px;
      left:5px;
      }

      3. again, i see it active in firebug, and can even hover over the url
      in firebug to display the image adjacent to my mouse. BUT mysteriously
      (to me) I do not see the image in the toolbar.

      4. equally mysterious (to me), when i peak at the dom/css in firebug
      for the insertimage button, it shows no background image property set
      YET I do see the insertimage icon:

      .yui-skin-sam .yui-toolbar-container .yui-toolbar-insertimage
      span.yui-toolbar-icon {
      background-position:1px -756px;
      left:5px;
      }

      Looking forward to understanding what's going on here. Not having any
      functional issues, but would really like to show an icon for context :)

      Thanks ahead of time!

      JLS
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic