40122RE: [ydn-javascript] Skinning YUI Panel for rounded transparent corners using schill method??

  • Satyen Desai
    Oct 29 4:45 PM
      The panel should generate an equivalent double box markup, if you give it the DIV with id="theContent". It creates a wrapper DIV around the content DIV you provide it [ which is a replacement for the myYuiPanel DIV in your structure below ].

      So, if you just leave the DIV with id="theContent" on the page, instantiate a Panel with it, and then insert the decorator DIVs (class="b", class="t"), in a beforeRender or render listener, you should end up with the same structure. Something like:

      var panel = new YAHOO.widget.Panel("theContent", {underlay:"none", width:"10em"});

      panel.subscribe("beforeRender", function() {

      var outer = panel.element,
      inner = panel.innerElement,
      t, b, bn;

      t = document.createElement("div");
      t.className = "t";

      inner.insertBefore(t, inner.firstChild);

      b = document.createElement("div");
      b.className = "b";

      bn = document.createElement("div");

      Also, this way, your initial page markup doesn't need any of the additional elements required just to drive the look/feel. It just needs to deliver the content div.

      Hope that helps,