38637RE: [ydn-javascript] Re: Problem with flex (.swf) inside a panel in Firefox

  • Satyen Desai
    Oct 2, 2008
      Thanks for the detailed example page.

      Try using the following version of your page:

      http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v250/examples/container/panelOverIframe.html

      (Your swf isn't hosted at the above location, so you'll need to download it and try it out locally)

      The main change is to applying overflow:auto to the flashWrapperDiv.

      Some notes:

      * I found that I had to apply overflow:auto dynamically through
      script as opposed to using static CSS - probably a "redraw" issue.

      * We apply overflow:auto to the Panel shadow, for FF/Mac already to
      deal with scrollbar bleed through issues, so the fix was only
      required for FF/Win.

      The other minor changes are just to get the height set correctly.

      Tried it across FF2, FF3 on WinXP/MacOS and seems to work fine, aside from the fact that the swf is not re-drawn when dragging in FF2/MacOS for step 1 of your repro example (which can probably be resolved also, if it's a real part of your application)

      Let me know how it goes.

      Regards,
      Satyen