38535Re: Problem with flex (.swf) inside a panel in Firefox

  • aniad
    Oct 1, 2008
      Eric,

      Changing the wmode helped a little. The mouse tracks correctly when
      the panel is dragged around over most of the screen areas, however it
      still is unresponsive when the panel is over an iframe. I'll put
      together simple example of this problem.
      Ania.

      btw, did you have a chance to look at
      http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ydn-javascript/message/38440? I
      posted simple nested layout code which demonstrates the 'invalid
      argument' error.
      a.

      > Ania,
      >
      > Here's what our Flash experts say:
      >
      > My suggestion would be to check the wmode of their SWF embed. This
      > sounds like a longstanding issue with the plugin version of the player
      > when the wmode is set to transparent or opaque. Changing the wmode to
      > window should fix it. If that is not the case, they'll need to send a
      > link or their code and I can take a look.
      >
      > See if wmode solves your problem; if not, please send a link to the
      > page where you're having the problem.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Eric
      >

      > On Sep 30, 2008, at 3:45 PM, aniad wrote:
      >
      > > We have a nested full screen layout. In the `bottom' part of the
      > > inner layout (which is in the `center' of the outer layout) we have a
      > > tabs control. Each tab creates an iframe into which a page is
      > > displayed, depending on what is selected elsewhere in the UI.
      > >
      > > When the user clicks a button a panel is made visible which has a
      > > controls, buttons and drop boxes with which the user interacts.
      > >
      > > The problem (FF only, works correctly in IE):
      > > When the panel with .swf is visible the mouse is not tracked properly
      > > within the swf. The portions of the panel/swf that overlay the iframe
      > > displayed in the bottom/tabs portion do not track the mouse properly,
      > > thus appearing unresponsive. Right clicking in the .swf shows the
      > > standard flex context menu way off from where the mouse was clicked.
      > > Dragging the panel around the screen exaggerates the problem of
      > > tracking the mouse, even allowing the flex context menu to appear
      > > entirely outside of the panel/swf area. The problem does not seem to
      > > be contained to the panel being over an iframe. Dragging the panel so
      > > that it sits on top of other parts of the layout (with simple html)
      > > also has issues. There is another flex control always displayed in
      > > one of the parts of the layout. Dragging the panel to that part of
      > > the screen always tracks the mouse correctly within the panel that
      > > sits directly on top of that other flex widget.
      > >
      > > Are there any known problems of hosting a .swf inside a panel in FF?
      > > As mentioned before, this does not happen in IE.
      > >
      > > Ania.

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic