38485Re: tabview - change datasrc cache issue

  • Caridy Patino
    Sep 30, 2008
      Hey Henry,

      what do you see in the Firebug console? do you see a new request
      everytime you click on a tab? if you see the request on the console,
      the tabview is working properly, and the issue is with your server side.

      Can you post an url?

      Best Regards,
      Caridy Patino (caridy at yahoo-inc.com)
      Yahoo! LATAM

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "henryhw_wong" <hellob@...> wrote:

      > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Caridy Patino" <caridy@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > hey, you should set the cache off for each tab:
      > >
      > > tab0.set('cacheData', false); /* this is false by default */
      > >
      > > and makes sure that the server side script don't sent a cacheable
      > > copy. or uses the nasty trick of sending a timestamp as an query
      > > parameter.
      > >
      > > Best Regards,
      > > Caridy Patino (caridy at yahoo-inc.com)
      > > Yahoo! LATAM
      > >

      > Thanks for your input. I have tried to set the cacheData to false and
      > even append a random numberic string as an query parameter, but still
      > had no luck. I guess the case is that when I click on another tab,
      > the tab keeps switching back to the old data source path. As I
      > mentioned in my previous post, I could see a quick switch of the tab
      > content from the new one (correct one) to the old one when changing
      > the tab. Any other idea?
      >
      > Henry

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic