37030I noticed the same a few YUI releases ago, didn't find work around

  • Darek Adamkiewicz
    Sep 1, 2008
      I've had revolutionary project plan based on YUI DnD;) but abadoned it
      at early stage because of this.

      But there is an ocean of YUI/JS developers - perhaps anybody will find
      workaround? I'm also very interested to know it.

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "ajaxgames" <ajaxgames@...> wrote:
      > I have the same issue, if more than a few DDs or DDProxys are defined
      > in a page, IE7 will remain at high cpu even when doing nothing with
      > the page. If the window is minimized then cpu usage does drop after a
      > while.
      > Can someone please take a look. If this can't be helped, can you
      > provide any tips or workarounds to ease cpu load while keeping more
      > DD elements on the page?
      > Thank you.
      > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "dmhst1" <dmhst1@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi!
      > >
      > > I'm working on implementing Yahoo's/YUI Drag and Drop utility on my
      > > site. I've been able to make it work and it is great, so long as I
      > > have a very small list of items in my list (20 or so). But in doing
      > > some stress testing, I noticed the CPU hits over 50% on my system
      > if I
      > > make the lists longer. Note that this CPU hit occurs upon loading
      > the
      > > page, even before you move your mouse or drag any of the items. I'd
      > > expect an immediate CPU hit upon page load, and another hit during
      > the
      > > act of dragging, but I'm confused as to why IE would suck up CPU
      > after
      > > the page has been rendered. (Yes, we've tried this page on several
      > > other machines -- it's not just mine).
      > >
      > > A sample of the page is here:
      > > http://www.newsroomsolutions.com/yuiissue/
      > >
      > > I've removed some references to our back-end, which are unrelated to
      > > this problem. Is this YUI widget only good for a very small list?
      > > find that really hard to believe. Thanks for your help.
      > >
      > > Damian

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic