355Slide Element Toggle

  • tbtingey
    Feb 28, 2006
      Awesome library. I look forward to using to create my own components.
      Speaking of which, I am trying to create an effect similar to the
      scriptaculous slide toggle:
      http://wiki.script.aculo.us/scriptaculous/show/Effect.toggle
      (see the slide effect)

      Anyway, I'm getting an error in IE (and not in firefox) when I try to
      access the height on the element that I'm "sliding" up/away. Here's my
      js file:

      var UpAttributes = {
      height: {to: 0, unit: 'px'},
      fontSize: {from: 100, to: 0, unit: '%'},
      opacity: { to: 0 }
      }

      var DownAttributes = {
      height: {to: 100, unit: 'px'},
      fontSize: {from: 0, to: 100, unit: '%'},
      opacity: { to: 1 }
      }

      function SlideUp(owner)
      {
      var AppointmentsDivSlideUp = new YAHOO.util.Anim(owner,
      UpAttributes, .5, YAHOO.util.Easing.easeNone);
      AppointmentsDivSlideUp.animate();
      }

      function SlideDown(owner)
      {
      var AppointmentsDivSlideDown = new YAHOO.util.Anim(owner,
      DownAttributes, .5, YAHOO.util.Easing.easeNone);
      AppointmentsDivSlideDown.animate();
      }

      function ToggleCategory(ownerId)
      {
      var owner = YAHOO.util.Dom.get(ownerId);
      var height = YAHOO.util.Dom.getStyle(owner, 'height');
      var isUp = height=='0px';

      if(isUp)
      {
      SlideDown(owner);
      }
      else
      {
      SlideUp(owner);

      I have a div with an onclick event handler that calls ToggleCategory
      with the id of the element(another div) that I'm trying to "slide".
      The error that I get is "Invalid argument" on line 10 of dom.js
      (starting with "break;default:") with the following causing the error:
      "el.style[property]=val"
      where property == 'height', val == 'NaN%', el = div

      If I drill into it, el.height is 'auto'

      Any ideas?

      -Trevor
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic