3543Re: [ydn-javascript] YAHOO Animate within DIV

  • Matt Sweeney
    Jul 31 6:14 PM
      Hi Michael,

      If the animated elements will be absolutely positioned, one way would be
      to set the container's position to relative, then animate the "top" and
      "left" values of the element.

      If you need specific functionality from Motion, you could get the region
      of the container (YAHOO.util.Dom.getRegion), and calculate the motion
      points relative to that.

      Matt

      Michael Price wrote:

      >Hi all,
      >Is there any way to get YAHOO.util.Motion's points to be relative to the
      >position of a DIV instead of page co-ordinates?
      >
      >Example: I have four elements inside a DIV - I want to animate those
      >elements within that DIV - what's the best way to do this?
      >
      >Regards,
      >Michael Price
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic