33681Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: Hidden columns in DataTable....

    Jul 2, 2008
      santini.alberto wrote:
      > Maybe I explained not very well my issue: if I delete the hidden
      > column from the column definitions (and letting the field in
      > responseSchema) I cannot use the formatter.
      > At the moment I'm using the second approach you suggested, because I
      > define the function formatter as string in a Dialog runtime.
      >
      > But if delete that column definition I don't know how to put the
      > formatter. :)
      >

      > Thanks,
      > Alberto
      Well, of course you wouldn't, if you don't plan to show it, why could
      you care to have a formatter?

      However, if you plan those hidden fields to affect the formatting of the
      other fields, put the formatter in those fields. They have access to
      the hidden fields through the oRecord argument. If you plan to affect
      the row, then place a formatter in any of the visible columns, let the
      value of that field pass through and do whatever else you meant for the row.