33646Re: [ydn-javascript] How to recreate a tabView without reloading page?

  • Eric Miraglia
    Jul 1, 2008
      On Jun 21, 2008, at 8:09 PM, Brian McCullough wrote:

      My question for the group has to do with other YUI components contained
      within a Tab. I am able to change and re-render any contents that is
      "plain HTML," but things like Containers ( and the buttons that open
      them ), don't work after I re-render the contents of the Div within the
      Tab. How much of the code related to the Container ( Overlay ) do I
      need to re-execute. Just the addListener ( possibly preceeded by a
      removeListener ), or do I need to do more?

      Brian,

      Generally, the only special handling you need to do is to defer instantiating a component on a Tab until the Tab is shown for the first time.  Because Tab content is set to display:none when hidden, instantiation of components like Buttons or Containers can be problematic if they are targeting content on a hidden Tab.

      One component that is more complex is the the Charts Control, which currently has problems being shown and hidden.  For Charts, a more complex workaround (here) is needed.

      Regards,
      Eric
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic