33641Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: Check SubMenu Items

  • Todd Kloots
    Jul 1, 2008
      Arup -

      To get a reference to the submenu of a MenuItem, use the "submenu"
      configuration property. Then use the "getItems" method to retrieve an
      array of the items in that submenu:

      var aItems = oMenu.getItem(0).cfg.getProperty("submenu").getItems();

      Got it?

      - Todd

      arup832003 wrote:

      > Hi Caridy Patino,
      >
      > Thanks for your reply.
      > In my example
      > var items = oMenu.getSubmenus(); not giving the set of SubMenu Items
      > attached to that MenuItem.
      >
      > I just want to check/unchech the submenu Items by clicking on them. I
      > can do that by using the "checked" configuration property of
      > YAHOO.widget.MenuItem.
      >
      > But, I amn't able to get all the Submenu Items of the selected
      > MenuItem as an Object array of YAHOO.widget.MenuItem.
      >
      > Here is the code.

      > <script type="text/javascript">
      >
      > /*
      > Initialize and render the Menu when its elements are
      > ready
      > to be scripted.
      > */
      >
      > var oMenu;
      >
      > YAHOO.util.Event.onContentReady("productsandservices",
      > function () {
      >
      > /*
      > Instantiate a Menu: The first argument passed to the
      > constructor is the id of the element in the page
      > representing the Menu; the second is an object
      > literal
      > of configuration properties.
      > */
      >
      > oMenu = new YAHOO.widget.Menu("productsandservices", {
      > position:
      > "static",
      > hidedelay: 750,
      > lazyload: true });
      >
      > /*
      > Define an array of object literals, each containing
      > the data necessary to create a submenu.
      > */
      >
      > var aSubmenuData = [
      >
      > {
      > id: "communication",
      > itemdata: [
      > { text: "360",checked: true, url:
      > "javascript:checkItem();" },
      > { text: "Alerts", url:
      > "http://alerts.yahoo.com <http://alerts.yahoo.com>" },
      > { text: "Avatars", url:
      > "http://avatars.yahoo.com <http://avatars.yahoo.com>" },
      > { text: "Groups", url:
      > { text: "Internet Access", url:
      > "http://promo.yahoo.com/broadband <http://promo.yahoo.com/broadband>" }
      > ]
      > }
      >
      > ];
      >
      > // Subscribe to the Menu instance's "beforeRender" event
      >
      > oMenu.subscribe("beforeRender", function () {
      >
      > if (this.getRoot() == this) {
      >
      > this.getItem(0).cfg.setProperty("submenu",
      > aSubmenuData[0]);
      > }
      >
      > });
      >
      > /*
      > Call the "render" method with no arguments since the
      > markup for this Menu instance is already exists
      > in the page.
      > */
      >
      > oMenu.render();
      >
      > });

> [...]