33207Re: newbie rollercoster excited=>coming off danger list

  • andy
    Jun 24, 2008
      in the tutorial, what is the basis for your code?

      Is it the "Basic Example"... If not I think that the code request
      others have asked for is basically the example you've written in
      chunks, but all on one page.

      What have you used as your data source - as a beginner, if getting
      data from a database should I get into the habit of using JSON?

      It's really confusing to understand where to start is it with
      xmlhttp, json, jscript ahhhhhhhhhhh!

      The source code of the YUI examples don't appear to be consistent, so
      they can't be used as cut and past templates which is a real headache
      (I'm using iboprofen) for the beginner - this is especially with
      regard to the different types of datasource. I've learned all of my
      programming in this way, and I'm really wondering whether I can
      justify the time just to get started even with a simple table. I feel
      a real idiot.

      So to repeat others' earlier requests, could we have the final markup
      for the page you've written in your tutorial, please? It will make it
      1000 times easier to see how it's all finally put together.

      thanks... please don't forget part one of this message

      andy

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "andy" <andyboyns@...> wrote:

      > Hi
      >
      > Great tutorial, still getting headaches though... perhaps I'm not
      > ready :-/
      >
      > What I could really use is an idiots guide, e.g.
      >
      > 1. This is how your data should look (so link to appropriate asp or
      > php page to process requests for that data)
      > 2. This is how you fill in the datatable and make it editable
      > 3. This is how you pass data back to your php or asp page to write
      > the database.
      > 4. Recommendation for appropriate drink to have once this
      > successfully completed.
      >
      > Furthermore, there isn't an example which shows how drag and drop
      can
      > be used to interact with a datatable, or to dump rows into bins
      (This
      > is a facility I'd love.... just like in the new Yahoo Mail, as it
      > would enable me to regroup my student records really easily). Your
      > invoice example kind of does it, except it "copies" the original
      > record, rather than moving it.
      >
      > thanks
      >
      > andy
      >
      > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Satyam <satyam@> wrote: