32543Re: 2Gb limit a problem. Can/will the YUI Uploader support FTP protocol?

  • dsmith21401
    Jun 11, 2008
      I have researched this exhaustively, and the final answer is: it's a
      browser limitation. By default Flash is a 32-bit program, so it can't
      handle anything over 32-bit. While I understand there are server
      controls that limit file uploads, the buck ultimiately stops with the
      browser. Until we are all talking 64-bit to each other, then using a
      Java applet to "chunk" files and reassemble them on the back-end is
      going to be my approach. FTP is not an option for me (it's a gov't
      thing).
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic