32020Re: Handle Close Event in YAHOO.widget.Dialog

  • Jacob Davenport
    Jun 2, 2008
      Sounds like you want to disable the normal event that occurs when you
      click the close icon and put in your own. Like this, perhaps:

      var dialog = blahblahblah;
      YAHOO.util.Event.removeListener(dialog.close, "click");
      YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(dialog.close, "click", myDialogClose);

      Inside the myDialogClose function, you can do your processing and then
      run:

      dialog.hide;

      or

      dialog.destroy;

      Is that what you're trying to do? I'm doing something similar, where
      a dialog box might open several other panels, and when the main dialog
      box is closed, I want it to destroy all the panels. So my dialog
      close procedure runs through a list of all known subpanels and
      destroys them, including the original dialog box.

      -Jacob

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Ali Bin Jamil <alibinjamil@...>
      wrote:
      > I am using the YAHOO.widget.Dialog and I want to handle the close
      event of the Dialog. I want to do some processing and then close the
      dialog.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic