31958Re: [ydn-javascript] Get utility, IE, onreadystatechange and memory leak

  • Arnaud Diederen
    Jun 2, 2008
      Adam Moore wrote:
      On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 10:25:58AM -0000, yaundro wrote:

      judging from what I can see in the windows process explorer, by
      looking at the Get.js code, and in IE7's new js-memoryleak toolbar's
      reported leaks (set up so that it also reports IE6 leaks), it appears
      that:

      In IE, the "onreadystatechange" handler that is attached to the
      <script> and <link> nodes is not removed when the resource is done

      [Note that the "onreadystatechange" handler is removed when an
      "autopurge" occurs, but those happen every 20 node insertion.]

      Should I file a bug in the tracker?

      Yes, the tracker is the right place for this.  Please file a report,
      and I'll look into it.

      Done.
      Thank you!

              A.