30115Re: [ydn-javascript] Disable Controls

    May 1, 2008

      If you are using the in-line cell editors, you are listening to "cellClickEvent" and passing that on to onEventShowCellEditor.  Make that conditional.

       The cursor, though, will still change shape to a pointing hand.  You can fix that easily by combining Dom.batch and the Selector component to remove the "yui-dt-editable" class, which is the one that sets the cursor. You can also render the table again, and it should change the cursor setting.  You might also change the setting for the "yui-dt-editable" class, whichever is easier

      Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2008 7:19 PM
      Subject: [ydn-javascript] Disable Controls

      I have a set of controls that edits rows in a datatable, several autocompletes and sliders. Sometimes I want the controls to be in a disabled state so no editing can be done. What is a good UI strategy for this? The YUI controls don't seem to have a feature for this built in.

      Michael

      Checked by AVG.