2908Re: autocomplete and help on this group

  • jennykhan
    Jul 12, 2006
      Hi Harsha,

      Thank you for pointing this out. You can expect it to be fixed in the
      next release. In the meantime, the following patch should be able to
      keep you going. Let me know if you have any further questions.

      Thanks!
      Jenny

      In the _moveSelection function, find this code:

      // Scroll the container if necessary
      if((YAHOO.util.Dom.getStyle(this._oContainer._oContent,"overflow") ==
      "auto") &&
      (nNewItemIndex > -1) && (nNewItemIndex < this._nDisplayedItems)) {

      and replace it with:

      // Scroll the container if necessary
      if(((YAHOO.util.Dom.getStyle(this._oContainer._oContent,"overflow") ==
      "auto") ||
      (YAHOO.util.Dom.getStyle(this._oContainer._oContent,"overflowY") ==

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "harshanagesh"
      <harsha.nagesh@...> wrote:

> [...]
      >
      > a) The behaviour of the flickr autocomplete example is different on IE
      > and firefox - on IE we do get the horizontal scroll bar too.
      > b) If you observe carefully on IE this is what you see : Type the
      > letter 'a' in the AC text box and you get a list of completions.
      > scroll down with arrow keys to the last entry you first see in the
      > list (not the absolute last of the list). The image you see is 1/4th
      > buried under the horizontal scroll bar. If instead of image this were
      > to be just some text, you would not even see the selected text as it
      > would be buried behind the horizontal scroll bar
      > c) I am now quite sure that if you disable horizontal scroll bar in
      > the flickr example, and try to scroll down using the down arrow key,
      > the scroll bar will not move (this behavior will only be in IE).
      >
      > I also tried with the changes that Jenny suggested, but they don't fix
      > the issues.
      >
      > Hope you can release an example with the fixes to these problems or
      > atleast help me with some workarounds
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Harsha
      >
      > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Eric Miraglia <miraglia@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Harsha,
      > >
      > > I apologize that you did not get the help you were looking for. We
      > > try to cover as much ground as we can on the group, but some threads
      > > do fall through the cracks. With two thousand members and growing,
      > > questions frequently get answered by the community even when YUI
      > > engineers don't get to them...I'm sorry that this didn't happen in
      > > your case.
      > >
      > > The good news is that one of the existing AutoComplete examples
      has a
      > > vertical scrollbar:
      > >
      > > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/autocomplete/flickr_xml.html
      > >
      > > Hopefully that example will get you going in the right direction.
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > > Eric
      > >

      > > On Jun 28, 2006, at 5:15 PM, harshanagesh wrote:
      > >

      > > > Hi,
      > > >
      > > > Wondering if anybody can please post a working example of
      > > > autocomplete text box with a vertical scroll bar ?
      > > >
      > > > In general help on this group stinks. I have been trying to get help
      > > > on this very same topic for the last 3 weeks and have posted
      atleast 4
      > > > times. Postings in this group just inundate on topics ranging from
      > > > general javascript questions to specific ones and soon genuine
      > > > questions get lost in crosstalk. This library is in its version 0.11
      > > > and if help at this early stage is so flawed, I am not sure what
      > > > should we expect in future from folks at yahoo. Projects that
      are much
      > > > more mature seem to have better online user base and support. I am
      > > > indeed venting my frustration as I think there can be a better
      channel
      > > > in which we can perhaps have a different avenue to post questions on
      > > > specific subtopics. Perhaps folks at yahoo suggest ?

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic