2768Re: tooltip usage

  • rbnboylan
    Jul 4, 2006
      > The clicking sound is triggered by the Windows "start navigation"
      > event sound. The iframe shim, to prevent <select> from bleeding
      > through the tooltip, is triggering this sound in IE. There doesn't
      > seem to be a way to programatically disable this event, but we're
      > still investigating workarounds to the "clicking" sound.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Thomas

      Thomas,
      Thanks for the help! I turned iframes off and the sound disappeared!
      It's still a bit slow when used with 60 elements, but I don't think
      there is much that can be done. We've cut back to 30 and its acceptable.

      For the benefit of others, here's the code:
      <script type="text/javascript"><!--
      function init() {
      var list = YAHOO.util.Dom.getElementsByClassName("[class
      name]","[containing tag]", document.documentElement);
      for( var i=0; i<list.length; i++ ) {
      var el = 'tooltip'+i;
      var tp = new YAHOO.widget.Tooltip( el, { context:list[i],
      iframe:false} );
      YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(window, "load", init);
      --></script>

      Thanks,

      Chris
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic