2762Re: tooltip usage

  • Thomas S. Sha
    Jul 4, 2006
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "rbnboylan" <rbnyahoo@...> wrote:

      > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Darryl Caldwell"
      > <darryl.caldwell@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello all,
      > >
      > > Does the tooltip api absolute need element IDs? Won't class names
      work?

      > > If not, how would one handle adding tooltips to dynamically generated
      > >
      > > I am interested in creating tooltips with a fair amount of data, like
      > > netflix's popup movie descriptions. Thanks.
      > >
      > > -d
      > >
      > Darryl --
      >
      > I forgot your post from an earlier search, but I am having a similar
      > problem. See: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ydn-javascript/message/2753
      >
      > There is a solution, but it causes slow page load in IE and a nasty
      > clicking sound. Any better solutions would be appreciated.

      The clicking sound is triggered by the Windows "start navigation"
      event sound. The iframe shim, to prevent <select> from bleeding
      through the tooltip, is triggering this sound in IE. There doesn't
      seem to be a way to programatically disable this event, but we're
      still investigating workarounds to the "clicking" sound.

      Regards,
      Thomas
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic