2759Re: how "public" is YAHOO.util.Connect._sFormData?

  • Randal L. Schwartz
    Jul 4, 2006
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Philip Tellis <philip.tellis@...> wrote:
      > Randal, if all your form submits happen via javascript and all are
      > async, then you could do it with a hidden form variable called async1
      > with a default value of "" or 0.
      >
      > Then you set its value using javascript. You could set this value as
      > soon as the hidden field is available.

      Yes, unfortunately, what I have is a big container form that has everything interesting on the
      page, and multiple buttons for user-driven actions. However, I also want to access some
      hidden state variables in my async request, and the "most lazy" method is to simply take the
      entire monster form and push it up via XHR, but with an extra flag that says "but this is to do
      async request #1".

      Thanks for your comment. I still need to confirm that my reacharound is not going to bite
      me in future YUI releases. If any Y! developer is paying attention, please tell me. Thanks.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic