2668Re: [ydn-javascript] autocomplete and help on this group

  • Eric Miraglia
    Jun 28, 2006
      Harsha,

      I apologize that you did not get the help you were looking for.  We try to cover as much ground as we can on the group, but some threads do fall through the cracks.  With two thousand members and growing, questions frequently get answered by the community even when YUI engineers don't get to them...I'm sorry that this didn't happen in your case.

      The good news is that one of the existing AutoComplete examples has a vertical scrollbar:

      Hopefully that example will get you going in the right direction.

      Regards,
      Eric

      On Jun 28, 2006, at 5:15 PM, harshanagesh wrote:

      Hi,

      Wondering if anybody can please post a working example of
      autocomplete text box with a vertical scroll bar ?

      In general help on this group stinks. I have been trying to get help
      on this very same topic for the last 3 weeks and have posted atleast 4
      times. Postings in this group just inundate on topics ranging from
      general javascript questions to specific ones and soon genuine
      questions get lost in crosstalk. This library is in its version 0.11
      and if help at this early stage is so flawed, I am not sure what
      should we expect in future from folks at yahoo. Projects that are much
      more mature seem to have better online user base and support. I am
      indeed venting my frustration as I think there can be a better channel
      in which we can perhaps have a different avenue to post questions on
      specific subtopics. Perhaps folks at yahoo suggest ?

      Harsha

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic