26518Re: DataTable - nowrap

  • jimsearle
    Feb 29, 2008
      Sorry, I forgot to mention that the column I'm setting nowrap on is
      the farthest column on the right, so the datatable is forcing that
      columns width to be small enough so the table fits in the browser
      window. But, I would like the column width to be set to auto-fit the
      largest element.

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "jimsearle" <jimsearle@...> wrote:
      > I was able to turn off wrapping in my datatable cells, but when I did
      > that I assumed the column widths would expand to fit the data in the
      > column but it doesn't. I'm turning of wrapping with by setting the
      > formatter to:
      > myDataSource.formatNoWrap = function(elCell, oRecord, oColumn, sData) {
      > YAHOO.util.Dom.setStyle(elCell,'white-space','nowrap');
      > elCell.innerHTML = sData;
      > }
      > Any help would be appreciated, I'm a CSS novice...
      > Thanks,
      > Jim
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic