24847RE: [ydn-javascript] YUI Compressor 2.2.3 Javascript JSON minifying: "delete" > delete

  • Julien Lecomte
    Jan 31, 2008

      This has already been fixed in version 2.3.1 of the compressor. No need to file it.

      From: ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jurriaan Persyn
      Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2008 7:43 AM
      To: ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [ydn-javascript] YUI Compressor 2.2.3 Javascript JSON minifying: "delete" > delete

      I'm new to this group, so I hope this is the right place to report a
      little problem we had with YUI Compressor, 2.3.

      A javascript file that had a javascript object similar to this:

      was minified to

      This resulted in parse errors for that file in (at least) Safari; I
      guess because 'delete' is a reserved keyword in Javascript.

      The problem was solved by renaming the delete key to something else,
      but maybe YUI Compressor shouldn't drop the quotes for keys that are
      keywords in the Javascript language?

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic