24841Align grids in header with grids in body

  • bryan kennedy
    Jan 31, 2008
      I have a need to use the YUI css grid template system in my body as
      well as in my header element. Essentially I need the web structure to
      look something like this:

      --------------------------------
      header logo | ??? | <---hd
      --------------------------------
      | | | <---bd
      side | 66% | 33% |
      bar | | |
      left | | |
      160 | | |
      | | |
      | | |
      | | |
      | | |
      --------------------------------
      footer | <---ft
      --------------------------------

      The body section uses the yui-t1 template to get the 160px sidebar
      first and then divides the reminder into 66% and 33% columns.

      However, I can't make my divisions in the header match the content in
      the body. I want the section labeled with ??? to match the section
      below in the body which is labeled 33%.

      I can't re-use the yui-t1 template structure in the header region
      because it relies up on the #yui-main which is an ID and therefore can
      only be used once in the document.

      Obviously I can just force it but the page won't validate if I re-use
      the yui-main ID.

      Any help on a way to align the grid in my header with the grid in my body?

      Thanks,
      bryan kennedy
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic