24753Re: Continuous Update of DataTable

  • ayigal
    Jan 30, 2008
      Hi,

      I'm using the "sortable" option on the datatable columns and the
      continuous update resets the sorting that was done by the user. Is
      there anyway to refresh the data and keep the existing sorting?
      Alternatively is there a way to make the server do the sorting?

      Thanks,

      -- Asaf.

      > The DataTable cannot help you with that, it will replace one set of
      data with the new one so you will have nothing to compare it with.
      You can, though, separate the retrieval of data from its presentation
      so that you have a chance to process it (in this case compare it with
      a previous version of the same) and then provide it to the DataTable
      (with the extra 'color' information added) for it to display it. Once
      the DataTable gets the data, it can use a formatter function on any of
      its columns to read the color information and paint the row whichever
      way you want it.

      > Satyam

      that cell to indicate the change in a stock price.

      > Hope you understand the problem
      >

      > Thanks .....
      > ntimesc

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic